Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beginning in the Middle

Well, today I decided to create a new blog. I have been considering it for a long time now and decided to take the plunge. I am still not sure what it will look like, but I think it is important for me to share life with my close family and friends.

First of all, the title of my blog is Milestones and Missions. In a nut shell, Ross and I know that the Lord has called us to serve abroad in the advancement of His kingdom for the sake of His name. We are in the process of meeting some milestones that will allow us to reach our specific long-term missions goal. However, I firmly believe that missions is where we are! As Jim Elliott stated, "Where ever you are, be all there." This simple phrase has changed my view of missions all together. It is challenging and exciting to think that the God of the universe is sovereign and has us right where we are, not out of coincidence but for the purpose of making His name known. So "missions" is all around us...it is where we are.

Secondly, the title of this post is Beginning in the Middle. This is not the first step or the beginning of our journey. We have felt the call to serve as foreign missionaries for many years now. Both Ross and I felt God leading us in this direction even before our wedding day over 3 1/2 years ago. So I don't really feel like this is the "beginning" even though it is the beginning of this blog.

So join me in our discovery of the path that God has planned for us. It has and will continue to be an interesting ever changing journey. I hope that I will be able to communicate through my grammatically incorrect words the amazing things that God is doing in us and prayerfully through us.

Join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment